In this Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables and Charts training, you will learn how to analyze data using these tools. You will learn how to turn a table of data into a manageable analysis without ever having to alter the original table. You will also learn how to create more visual displays of your data through the many different charts available in Excel.
Training Class Goal
In the Microsoft Excel Pivot Table and Charts training, students will come from class with more confidence in using Pivot Tables and Charts and an understanding of how data in Excel can be displayed in a visual way. They will learn how to create Pivot Tables that can calculate, compare, and total data from a table. They will also feel confident in how to use all of the various formatting tools to make their Pivot Tables pop. Students will also learn all of the different types of charts in Excel and when to use each. Additional charting techniques will be covered that will make your charts really stand out from the default templates, including drop-lines, unique axis formatting, and using trending and analysis tools.
Understanding of Excel fundamentals including formatting, navigation, and basic formulas.
Pivot Tables training Topics
- Creating, sorting and filtering data
- Formatting styles
- Numbers, and layouts
- Grouping data
- Value Comparisons
- Row and Column Comparisons
- Adding running totals and percentage totals
- Calculated fields and items
- Combining multiple data sources
- Creating Pivot Table charts with filters and design elements
- Conditional formatting
- Other classes covering Pivot Tables
Charts training Topics
- Creating charts
- Understanding single vs multiple series charts
- Modifying chart design, layout and format
- Creating charts from non-consecutive data
- Axis formatting
- Replacing chart series with pictures or shapes
- Analysis tools
- Up-Down bars
- Trending tools
- Using secondary axis
- Highlighting relationship differences with charts
- Combining 2 charts into 1
- Doughnut Charts
- Sub-Pie Charts
- Paired Bar Charts
- Radar Charts
The Microsoft Excel Pivot Tables and Charts training will give you all the tools you need to understand both of these Excel features and how to master them.
Live & In-Person
All of the classes on this page are taught by live instructors who are present in the classroom.
Retake any public class up to 6 months after original class date....Read more
Interactive classes allow you to immediately try out new skills....Read more
Live instructors deliver our classes in an engaging and interactive way....Read more
Classes limited to 12 students for more individual attention....Read more