Word Basic – Making Word Work for You
Class Price: $250
What’s included – a $1,180 value with:
- Face-to-face, live interactive class
- Retake – allows you to retake the entire class if you need a refresher within 6 months
- Workshop – get 1on1 help from an instructor on your own work projects to help you apply what you learned, up to 6 months after the class
- Lunch & Learn session – choose from different topics to learn something new in the future
- Hard copy training manual – to take notes and take with you for future reference
- Quick Tip sheet – color reference card with the top tips from class
- Just Tips Newsletter subscription – for ongoing monthly tips to help you learn even more!
Microsoft Word has made word processing so simple that no one even calls it “word processing,” anymore: Word is simply, now, the gold standard for how we create documents. Understanding how to use Microsoft Office Word is essential to creating polished documents. This Basic Word training class covers basic concepts in Microsoft Word, and also serves as a good introduction to the Microsoft Office suite , as well as basic computer skills. Completing this course will allow you to understand the Microsoft Office environment, navigate documents, and create and format simple documents, giving you a solid foundation in this necessary word processing application. Classes are held in one of our state-of-the-art training centers, in either Denver or Phoenix, with your instructor there, with you in the class, to answer questions and lead you to a mastery of the subject matter. This Basic Word course also includes ample interactive practice activities, ensuring that you have understood each lesson.
Training Class Goal
Students exiting this class will feel confident writing a document in Microsoft Word and formatting the text in basic ways. They will be introduced to navigating in the Microsoft Office environment, as well as making use of the Office Ribbon. Student will be able to create a document and enter and edit text. They will also learn basic ways of formatting text, including indents and tabs, shading, and bullets. Students will be able to insert graphics into documents, as well as format the document with headers and footers, margins, and page breaks. The basics of printing a document will also be discussed.
Students who enter this Microsoft Office Basic training course should have the ability to use a mouse (click, double-click, right-click, click-and-drag) and type on a keyboard.
Navigating in Microsoft Word
- Typing into a document
- Undo and redo
- Editing text
- Moving and copying text
- Finding and replacing text
- Character formatting
- Paragraph formatting
- Indent settings
- Using tabs
- Spelling and grammar
- Using Bullets
Page Layout and printing
- Headers and footers
- Page breaks
- Inserting and editing graphics
Give yourself a solid foundation in the world of Microsoft Office and Word with Mission Critical Training’s MS Office Basic Word training class in both Denver and Phoenix. Our courses are designed specifically for companies and their employees.