Project Basic Training in Denver & Phoenix
Class Price: $410
What’s included – a $900 value with:
- Face-to-face, live interactive class
- Retake – allows you to retake the entire class if you need a refresher within 6 months
- Lunch & Learn session – choose from different topics to learn something new in the future
- Hard copy training manual – to take notes and take with you for future reference
- Just Tips Newsletter subscription – for ongoing monthly tips to help you learn even more!
When overseeing any project, there are many things that a project manager has to stay on top of. Microsoft Project is the premier tool for organizing tasks, people, and resources.. This powerful program can help you create a realistic project plan, then make sure your people and resources stay on track to bring the project home successfully. This Basic Microsoft Project training class introduces the program and demonstrates best practices in developing a project plan. You will learn in the comfort of our cutting edge training centers in Denver and Phoenix. Our experienced educators will be on hand, in the classroom with you, to bring you to a full understanding of the material and to answer all of your questions. All Mission Critical Training classes include ample interactive activities, enabling you to be sure you have mastered every lesson.
Training Class Goal
Students exiting this basic Project training class will have skills for developing a project plan in Microsoft Project. They will be comfortable working within the Microsoft Project environment, and be able to successfully create a new project, including setting a schedule, and allocating resources to specific tasks. Students will exit the class with the ability to estimate costs and task durations for their projects. They will be able to print project summary reports.
This class is designed for students with solid foundational computer skills and basic project management experience.
- Explore the Microsoft Project environment
- Display an existing project plan in different views
Creating a Project Plan
- Create a new project plan
- Assign a project calendar
- Add tasks to the project plan
- Enter the task duration estimates
- Add resources in the project plan
Managing Tasks in a Project Plan
- Outline tasks
- Add a recurring task
- Link dependent tasks
- Set a constraint to a task
- Set a task deadline
- Add notes to a task
Managing Resources in a Project Plan
- Create a resource calendar
- Assign resources to tasks
- Assign additional resources to a task
- Enter costs for resources
- Enter values for budget resources
- Resolve resource conflicts
Finalizing the Project Plan
- Display the critical path
- Shorten the project duration
- Set a baseline
- Print a project summary report
Get foundational skills to manage your projects with a Basic Microsoft Project course from Mission Critical Training in either Denver or Phoenix. Our courses are designed specifically for companies and their employees.