Microsoft Access Advanced Training in Denver & Phoenix
Class Price: $410
What’s included – a $900 value with:
- Face-to-face, live interactive class
- Retake – allows you to retake the entire class if you need a refresher within 6 months
- Lunch & Learn session – choose from different topics to learn something new in the future
- Hard copy training manual – to take notes and take with you for future reference
- Just Tips Newsletter subscription – for ongoing monthly tips to help you learn even more!
Access is a useful and flexible application for building and managing databases. Beyond its out –of-the-box functionality, it has the added feature of allowing the user to write more complex queries using Structured Query Language, or SQL. Mission Critical’s Advanced Access training class introduces SQL, and covers advanced concepts in Microsoft Access, such as macros, as well as Access integration with internet applications.. This Access Advance course, offered in our state of the art facilities in both Denver and Phoenix, is designed for students with significant Access experience. This course includes ample hands in activities to ensure you have mastered each lesson, and our experienced educators will be with you to lead you to an advanced understanding of Access, as well as to answer all of your questions.
Class runs for 1.5 days. From 8AM-4PM on day one and from 8AM-12PM on day two.
Access Advanced Training Class Goal
Students who complete this Advanced Access class will feel confident with the advanced features in Microsoft Access and will be able to develop complex detailed databases. They will be able to write statements in SQL, and master the use of more advanced queries. They will understand how to create and run macros. Advanced database management tools will also be taught. Additionally, students will learn how to integrate their databases with the internet using XML and hyperlinks, as well as applications such as Outlook.
Students entering this Advanced Access training class should have a comfortable familiarity with creating databases in Microsoft Access.
- SQL and Access
- Writing SQL statements
- Attaching SQL queries to controls
- Creating Crosstab queries
- Creating parameter queries
- Using Action queries
- Creating, running, and modifying macros
- Attaching macros to the events of database objects
- Creating macros to provide user interaction
- Creating macros that require user input
- Creating the AutoKeys and AutoExec macros
- Creating macros for data transfer
Importing, Exporting, and Linking
- Importing objects
- Exporting objects
- Interacting with XML documents
- Linking Access objects
- Optimizing resources
- Protecting databases
- Setting options and properties
- Navigation and tabbed forms
- Splash screens
- Read-only forms
- Hyperlink fields
- Working with Outlook 2007 or later
Mission Critical’s Advanced Access training course will give you the skills to be a master of this important database application. Our courses are designed specifically for companies and their employees.