How many times have we told ourselves, "They are the problem. It is not me! I handle myself very professionally when I engage in conflict."
This class helps individuals examine themselves and understand their natural inclinations in approaching conflict. Empowered with this improved perspective, attendees will be able to better manage themselves during conflict for more positive outcomes.
It takes an open-mind, self-reflection, and practice to be effective at engaging in conflict. In this class, you will learn the 7 constructive and 8 destructive behaviors that conflict experts say either defuse or inflame conflict in the workplace.
Additionally, we will discuss how to increase constructive behaviors, thus decrease the destructive behaviors. Quit trying to fix your colleagues and take a look at yourself. Learn to handle conflict with confidence!
Conflict Management Class Objectives
After participants complete the online assessment the class workshop will assist participants with interpreting the results of the CDP survey as well how to leverage these results in dealing with conflict.
Workshop participants will:
- Identify the 7 constructive responses to conflict.
- Identify the 8 destructive responses to conflict.
- Identify the 9 hot buttons (conflict triggers).
- Discuss participants’ constructive and destructive behaviors, and hot buttons.
- Practice new communication skills.
- Develop a personalized action plan.
- Discuss methods to implement the action plan.
Participants must take the CDP-I or CDP-360 online survey at least 48 hours prior to the class. After class registration has been completed, participants will be e-mailed their personal access information to complete the online survey.