Publisher is a friendly useful program for building powerful publications. Our Publisher Basic training class will help you make the most of this tool.
Training Class Goal
Students exiting this class be able to produce a professional-looking Publisher document using the basic tools of the program.
Basic computer skills, some familiarity with Microsoft Office.
Microsoft Publisher Basic Topics Covered:
Navigation and Basic Tools
- Adjusting page setup
- Screen layout
- Enter and edit text
- Inserting pictures
- Create and modify text frames
- Work with multi-page publications, objects, graphics, and tables
- Printing publications
- Changing paragraph properties
- Working with master pages
- Creating multiple publications
- Working with Auto-shapes and WordArt
- Creating and formatting tables
Microsoft Publisher 2007 and 2010 are very similar. Students with either version should be comfortable in this combined class.
Publisher 2003 is very different from 2007 and 2010. Students with 2003 should take classes taught in that version.
Publisher 2007 / 2010
- Uses the Ribbon and command icons for navigation.
- Navigation Pane
- Tool Bars and Menus for navigation
Which version of Publisher do I have?