This class covers the advanced concepts in Microsoft Project for designing more complex and comprehensive Microsoft Project plans.
Training Class Goal
Students exiting this class will have skills in using advanced Project features to design complex and extensive Microsoft Project plans.
Students should have basic experience and understanding of Microsoft Project and project management skills.
Training Class Topics Covered:
Exchanging Project Plan Data with Other Applications
- Import project information
- Export project plan data into excel
- Copy a picture of the project plan information
Updating a Project Plan
- Enter task progress
- Enter overtime work
- Split a task
- Reschedule a task
- Filter tasks
- Set an interim plan
- Create a custom table
- Create a custom report
Managing Project Costs
- Update cost rate tables
- Group costs
- Link documents to a project plan
Reporting Project Data Visually
- Create a visual report
- Customize a visual report
- Create a visual report template
Reusing Project Plan Information
- Create a project plan template
- Create a custom view
- Make custom views available to other project plans
- Share resources
- Create a master project
Microsoft Project 2003 and 2007 are very similar. Students with either version should be comfortable in this combined class.
Project 2010 is very different from 2003 and 2007. Students with 2010 should take classes taught in that version.
Project 2003 / 2007
- Uses the Ribbon and command icons for navigation.
- Navigation Pane
- Tool Bars and Menus for navigation
Which version of Project do I have?